Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bucket Sink

I wanted something a little different for a sink so why not a bucket?  So I proceeded to explain what I wanted to do to my husband and Mom, both gave me a funny look.  Mom to the rescue as she brought me four old galvanized buckets to choose from.  Then I asked my husband to see if he can attach a drain to the bottom of the bucket.  Lucky me as my husband is a Plumber by trade so this was pretty easy to do.


Since I wanted a bucket as a sink, I knew I would have to make my own counter top.  I've seen pictures  of broken plates being within a mosaic pattern.  I spent a couple weeks trying to find plates at second hand stores that I could break up as mosaic pieces.  Now that I found my supplies, I started to bust them up and paste them on a piece of 3/4 plywood.  Once done, I then grouted and placed it on a simple 2 x 4 frame my husband built.  I then sealed all of the grout lines.



We found a faucet that reminded us of a old fashion water pump.  Once my husband hooked everything up I was able to trim it out in old red barn boards and then added a linen skirt.  






I hung a vintage mirror I was given by my husband's grandmother.  I had my whole family scratching their heads on how it was going to turn out and I think I surprised them.  I just love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment